The purpose of Cascade Health Alliance's (CHA) policy is to ensure members and providers have access to all benefits and services without discrimination. This applies to all Cascade Health Alliance (CHA) staff, members, vendors, providers, and subcontractors, and provider and subcontractor staff for the benefit of CHA members.
CHA does not discriminate against providers that serve high-risk populations or specialize in conditions that require costly treatment. Members will not be discriminated against based on their race, ethnicity, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. All CHA staff conduct their daily duties in accordance with this policy statement.
- Grievance procedure:
- CHA maintains an internal grievance procedure for equitable resolution of complaints directly related to discriminatory
- Complaints and/or grievances must be submitted in accordance with CHA's Grievance System and Grievance Procedure
- The Compliance Officer will process and investigate complaints of discrimination in accordance with CHA's Grievance System and Grievance Procedure
- The Compliance Department conducts monthly monitoring CHA's internal Grievance, Appeal, and Hearing Log
- CHA's Executive Approval Committee reviews this and all policy and procedures for compliance with OHA contract and guidelines at least once a year, or as applicable
- The Compliance Officer maintains all electronic and/or hard copy records relating to all complaints and/or grievances filed
- Discrimination: The denial of services to individual(s) or group(s) because the individual(s) or group(s) is/are part of a protected class. Discrimination also includes policy or treatment resulting in unequal access to programs and services to providers that serve high-risk populations or specialize in conditions that require costly treatment
- Provider: For the purpose of this document, "provider" refers to all behavioral health, dental, and physical health care providers.