Schedule a Ride
Do you need transportation to your medical appointments? Translink can take you to any appointment or service that is covered by Cascade Health Alliance through our Non-Emergent Medical Transportation program.
Non-Emergent Medical Transportation (NEMT)
What is NEMT?
NEMT or Non-Emergent Medical Transportation is a covered benefit for Cascade Health Alliance (CHA) members on the Oregon Health Plan. CHA partners with Translink to provide this benefit. This benefit is available for eligible people who need travel assistance to and from medical services, and do not have reliable transportation. NEMT rides are for scheduled health care appointments, not emergencies. Depending on your situation, Translink and CHA can help you get to your appointments in many ways. Examples include:
- Bus Tokens
- Wheelchair Van
- Stretcher van
- Travel reimbursement
- Common carrier
- Or other types if necessary
Who can get a ride?
You are eligible for a free ride to your covered appointment if:
- You are on the Oregon Health Plan and enrolled in Cascade Health Alliance.
- Your appointment is at an approved drop off location.
- You cannot find any other way to get to the appointment.
- Children ages 12 and under must travel with a parent or guardian who is at least 18 years old.
When to call?
Call as soon as you schedule your medical appointment or at least 24 hours in advance of when you will need a ride. For trips over 70 miles, members must call at least 48 hours in advance.